Dear members of our six town community,
At our last meeting on May 23, 2018, the Harwood Unified Union School District (HUUSD) Board took action on the ten (10) items below:
- We entered into executive session for the purpose of superintendent evaluation.
- We approved previous meeting minutes with edits.
- We accepted Maureen McCracken’s request to rescind her resignation – reinstated her as a Waterbury representative to the HUUSD. We also recognized and appreciated the person who was willing to serve and agreed to send a note of appreciation on behalf of the board.
- We provided pre-approval for multiple international trips planned for high school-aged students in the FY18-19 year, including: Rwanda / Greece & Italy / Denmark.
- We accepted recommended meal price changes for 2018-2019 to align prices across the district.
- We confirmed board membership on the project committees related to the Harwood Bond project and middle school evaluation process.
- We asked the policy committee to research lack of policy on challenging educational materials and report back to the board regarding recommended next steps.
- We agreed that within the next year each board member would connect one on one with each other and with Michelle Baker and Brigid Nease – in an effort to develop connections and enhance teambuilding.
- We accepted the request by the district administrative team not to vote on the Community Engagement proposal before June 27 and to allow them to submit their own proposal for consideration on that date.
- We approved multiple board warrants.
At this meeting, we also heard a presentation by elementary school leaders about learning expectations at the elementary level and how they are assessed across the district.
It is our hope to send updates and previews of each HUUSD Board meeting in the future. Thank you for your continued support and engagement. Our next meeting is a short one on Wednesday, June 6 at 6 pm to hear and act on recommendations from the Moretown hiring committee as appropriate. Our next full board meeting is Wednesday, June 13, from 6 pm to 9:30 pm and will be held in the Harwood Union High School library.
You can visit wwsu.org for board agendas and minutes, and watch past meetings at https://mrvtv.com/category/school-board-meetings/.
The HUUSD Board
Christine Sullivan (Waitsfield) *Chair
Caitlin Hollister (Waterbury) *Vice Chair
Alycia Biondo (Warren)
Jill Ellis (Fayston)
Gabe Gilman (Moretown)
Peter Langella (Moretown)
Garett MacCurtain (Duxbury)
Maureen McCracken (Waterbury)
Theresa Membrino (Fayston)
Melissa Phillips (Waterbury)
Torrey Smith (Duxbury)
Alexandra Thomsen (Waterbury)
Rosemarie White (Warren)
Rob Williams (Waitsfield)