Dear members of our six town community,
Below please find the votes and key agenda items from the HUUSD board meeting on November 7.
1. Approved the following items as part of the consent agenda for November 7, 2018: Approve Minutes of 10/24/18, Accept Director of Finance Report, Accept pre-approved Board warrants (1101 for $116,224.61 and 1102 for $$97,536.69 Total = $213,761.30), Approve use of Moretown Maintenance Reserve funds for DDC upgrade of HVAC system at Moretown Elementary School, Confirm 2nd December HUUSD Board Meeting for Dec. 19, 2018
2. After discussion, approved telephone lease.
3. After discussion, approved final HUUSD BOD asset management goal.
4. After discussion, accepted the board leadership report and HUHS principal letter with the caveat that we will have board discussion before any more action is taken.
5. As part of budget work, the BOD reviewed enrollment data and projections for preK - 12 students at all seven HUUSD campuses and expects to review further projection reports at its next meeting on Nov. 28.
Our next HUUSD board meeting is scheduled for 6:00 pm on Wednesday, November 28th at the HUHS library.
On Monday, November 12, the board participated in legal training/Q&A with Attorney Pietro Lynn. On Tuesday November 13, the board hosted a community engagement workshop at HUHS library.
For more information, please visit wwsu.org for board agendas and minutes and to find the link to watch board meetings. The direct link to watch this and past meetings is: https://mrvtv.com/category/school-board-meetings/
Thank you for your continued support and engagement.
The HUUSD Board
Christine Sullivan (Waitsfield) *Chair
Caitlin Hollister (Waterbury) *Vice Chair
Alycia Biondo (Warren)
Jill Ellis (Fayston)
Gabe Gilman (Moretown)
Linda Hazard (Moretown)
Garett MacCurtain (Duxbury)
Maureen McCracken (Waterbury)
Theresa Membrino (Fayston)
Melissa Phillips (Waterbury)
Torrey Smith (Duxbury)
Alexandra Thomsen (Waterbury)
Rosemarie White (Warren)
Rob Williams (Waitsfield)