Dear members of our six town community,
Below are the votes and key agenda items from the HUUSD board meeting on December 19, 2018.
1. Approved the following items as part of the consent agenda for December 19, 2018: Approve past meeting minutes; Accept board warrants totaling $244,698.85.
2. Approved updating the budget based on additional information received from our administrative team.
3. Approved amending the condition of our early retirement incentive from requiring 20 years of district teaching for retirement to requiring 15 years of teaching for retirement.
4. Approved directing the superintendent and administrative team to return to original project budget after discussion around 3 cent cut option fully explored.
5. Passed a resolution acknowledging the board’s strong desire to focus on our district’s asset management and all allocation in the next 12 months to more proactively engage in budget planning for next year.
6. Approved the creation of “Board Buddies” for student council representatives. (Welcome, students!)
7. Approved distributing “Join the HUUSD board" FAQs for distribution.
8. Approved revised communications structure and process.
9. Approved Community Engagement/Creative Discourse report, including: 1) accepting the report, 2) approving distribution, and 3) sending policy through process for fast-tracked adoption.
Our next HUUSD board meeting is scheduled for 6:00 pm on Wednesday, January 9th at the HUHS library.
Please note this meeting follows our recently adopted HUUSD board agenda format, with the first hour spent with committees meeting individually from 6:00 - 7:00 pm. The full board will come back together at 7:00 pm.
Please visit wwsu.org for board packets, agendas, and minutes - and to find the link to watch board meetings. The direct link to watch this and past meetings is: https://mrvtv.com/category/school-board-meetings/
Thank you for your continued support and engagement.
The HUUSD Board
Christine Sullivan (Waitsfield) *Chair
Caitlin Hollister (Waterbury) *Vice Chair
Alycia Biondo (Warren)
Jill Ellis (Fayston)
Gabe Gilman (Moretown)
Linda Hazard (Moretown)
Garett MacCurtain (Duxbury)
Maureen McCracken (Waterbury)
Theresa Membrino (Fayston)
Melissa Phillips (Waterbury)
Torrey Smith (Duxbury)
Alexandra Thomsen (Waterbury)
Rosemarie White (Warren)
Rob Williams (Waitsfield)