The HUUSD School Board met in person (with an option for remote participation) last Wednesday, December 21.
- Student Representatives - Dylan, Naomi, and Jeswin updated the Board on student activities, including intentions to begin a student recognition program, student board representative recruitment, and involvement of students in discussions regarding the budget.
- Superintendent - Included in the report were a discussion of the Rwanda trip, Restraint and Seclusion policy updates, selection of the lead school nurse, Intradistrict Choice, and Superintendent goals, milestones, and revised job description.
- Board Retreat June 28th - No concerns were raised regarding holding the retreat in June.
- Superintendent Milestones - The board discussed the revised job description for project manager. Dr. Mike outlined the steps he will take toward each goal that was established as part of the Superintendent evaluation process. He responded to questions and comments from the Board.
- Budget Discussion - Lisa highlighted aspects of the budget, and Board members responded. The Board suggested options to be presented in the next budget iteration.
In action items, the Board:
- Approved a motion to sign a 36-month lease for the Central Office as follows: 7/1/2023 to 6/30/2025, $45,000/year, then 7/1/2025 to 6/30/2026 $46,350/year.
- Approved a motion to revise the Job Description for Project Manager.
- Approved a motion to task the Superintendent Evaluation Timeline Committee with drafting a Superintendent Evaluation Form.
The Board would like to communicate that the following towns each have open seats available for election in March:
- Moretown, 1 seat
- Waitsfield, 1 seat
- Fayston, 2 seats
- Duxbury, 2 seats
- Waterbury, 2 seats
As always, the Board welcomes feedback from our community. One of the easiest ways to share your thoughts is to send an email to [email protected], which will go to every Board member. There is also time at every Board meeting for public comment. Alternately, reach out to one of your neighbors who is on the school Board and share your thoughts in a personal email or phone call (see a list of Board members and contact information at https://tinyurl.com/523wtrnj).
The Board’s next meeting will be on Wednesday, January 11 at 6:00 p.m. Community members may attend in person in the Harwood library or remotely via zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/386460007#success), or watch it broadcast live on Youtube (http://tinyurl.com/huwebapp-youtube-live). Agendas and other related documents are available at huusd.org.