Dear HUUSD Community,
Thank you for your ongoing support as we approach the final stretch of the school year. We wanted to provide you with a few updates.
- Case counts have been posted on the HUUSD website for both the week of break and the week of April 25.
- Case counts only include those who were in school during their infectious period. For the week of April 18, these include cases that were reported after Friday, April 15, but were in school during their infectious period (The infectious period begins 2 days prior to the start of symptoms of 2 days prior to a test if there are no symptoms present).
Ways to keep the community healthy
- Consider masking in indoor spaces, especially if someone you live/spend time with is immunocompromised or is more likely to get very sick with COVID-19.
- If an individual is recovering from any illness, consider masking until symptoms have completely resolved.
- Masks are optional for staff and students.
- Schools have a variety of masking options available to staff and students. Please check in with your school nurse if you or your child is in need of a mask to wear at school.
Upcoming Events and Gatherings
- There are many upcoming events and gatherings over the next few weeks in all schools.
- We ask that you attend these events only if you are feeling well. Please stay home if you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, fatigue, headaches, congestion, cough, runny nose, chills, muscle pains/body aches, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea).
Thank you again for your ongoing involvement in supporting healthy school communities!
Brigid Nease, Superintendent of Schools
Allison Conyers, COVID Coordinator
Kaiya Korb, Building Based COVID Administrator