Policy F33-L Intradistrict Choice, K-8, allows students in grades K-8 to attend any of the schools in the Harwood Unified Union School District (Crossett Brook Middle School, Fayston Elementary School, Harwood Union Middle School, Moretown Elementary School, Thatcher Brook Primary School, Waitsfield Elementary School, Warren Elementary School), regardless of the town of residence within the school district.
While intradistrict choice is possible, the District must consider several factors when reviewing applications. One of the most significant considerations is the capacity of the requested school. We ask that you please review the Intradistrict School Choice Procedures carefully, as the document explains the timeline and considerations involved in the approval process.
Bus transportation shall be made available where possible, but it is not guaranteed.
- Contact the building principal in the school you want your child to attend as soon as possible. You can reach each school’s website (with contact information) by clicking the Schools tab at the top of this page.
- Click the button to complete the appropriate online intradistrict choice form. Complete one form per student.
- FORM 1 This form is for requesting choice for the following school year, 2021-2022, and is now OPEN for late applications.
- If your grade K-7 student is already participating in choice, and will stay in the same building for 2021-2022, you do NOT need to complete the form again. If your student will transition to a middle school, and wishes to attend a school other than the resident middle school, you need to complete the form.
- PK4 students NOT attending their resident school, who wish to stay at that school, MUST fill out the form.
Specific information about LATE applications:
- Those that applied by the original deadline get the available slots.
- Decisions for late applications will be made in a rolling fashion and guardians will be notified within approximately one week of the application.
- If the numbers indicate that the child can fit, even with possible move ins, the application will be approved.
- Otherwise, the student will be waitlisted (behind others who applied by the deadline). The student can stay waitlisted up to 7 days before school starts.
- FORM 2 This form is for families who are eligible to apply for choice during the current school year, 2020-21. PLEASE NOTE, this form is ONLY for certain situations. Eligible families include:
- Families with children grades K-8 who move from one HUUSD town to another during the school year and wish their children to stay at the current school of attendance.
- Families with children grades K-8 who move in to the HUUSD and wish their students to attend an HUUSD school other than their school of residence. (This includes children who move into the district, such as foster children.) In this case, families and principals should also discuss enrollment procedures.
- Families with other circumstances, per the F33-L Intradistrict School Choice Procedures.
Once you have applied, you will receive a copy of your responses.
If you are completing FORM 1, please see the IDC Procedures for the timeline. If you are completing FORM 2, a representative from the district will notify you of the decision within a few days.
If you have questions about the process, email [email protected].