Effective immediately, any document upload that is not complete, according to these directions, will be returned to the staff member. They will be asked to start the process from the beginning--to complete the entire Google form again, including a new upload. (Resubmitting only the upload is not an option.)
- READ all instructions carefully.
- You must submit your request 7 calendar days before the first day of the course/workshop/conference. Otherwise, the request most likely will be denied.
- Ultimate approval of PD comes from the superintendent. A principal's signature is one step in the process.
- All professional development must have prior superintendent approval BEFORE registering for the course/workshop/conference.
- Prepare your documentation upload:
- Save all required documentation in ONE file for upload in the online PD request form:
- Required documentation
- Course description including dates, time, location, price, indication of graduate credits (if applicable) and syllabus (IF available) OR workshop/conference brochure including location, price, dates, and time and agenda (IF available)
- Click to see an upload sample.
- This documentation MUST be authored by the college/workshop sponsor.
- This means that copying and pasting from a vendor/college website into your personal Google doc is NOT acceptable.
- Do NOT provide website links or links to your personal Google Drive. Links can break.
- Auditors require the documentation.
- Travel (Google map/airline quote), if applicable
- Lodging quote, if applicable
- Related expenses (e.g., cab, Uber, subway fare)
- Name this file as follows: last name_first name_title of course/workshop/conference
- STEPS for the UPLOAD
- OPTION 1: Print and Scan at your school's printer/copier.
- Print all of your required documents.
- At the school/your home copier/printer, choose scan to email.
- Select to email to your email address.
- Save the pdf to your Google Drive, naming it as follows: last name_first name_title of course/workshop/conference
- Maybe create yourself a folder called Professional Development--in case you want to submit PD in the future--and you could store everything there
- You will NOT be able to upload or link to a FOLDER; you will ONLY be able to upload one FILE
- Then, in the Upload question, you will be given the option to upload or choose a file from your Google Drive.
- Select to add/choose a file from your Drive.
- Navigate to that file and select it.
- ADDITIONAL options for creating the Upload file, CLICK HERE
- Scan using your iPhone, print web page to PDF, find a local copier/scanner
PAYMENT AND REIMBURSEMENT CONSIDERATIONS
- Purchase orders are THE preferred method of payment. Travel costs will require that you prepay and request reimbursement, with all receipts within 10 days of returning.
- In the form, only select a payment choice of "free" if there is no cost at all to district.
- If you are asking for mileage or meals reimbursement, then it is NOT a free PD and would fall under employee requesting reimbursement.
PROCESS AND NEXT STEPS
- Employee submits the Google form (via Quicklinks on right of page) at least 7 calendar days before the first day of the course/workshop/conference.
- Heidi Clark verifies that the submission is complete, with all required documents.
- If document upload is incomplete, Heidi Clark will notify employee via email that the PD request has been cancelled. Employee will need to submit a new PD request (with all documentation, again), which will delay the approval process.
- Principal reviews.
- If approved, request moves on for Superintendent review and decision.
- Heidi Clark emails employee the decision.
- If denied, employee may submit new form and the process repeats.
- If approved, employee may register for the class.
- Employee forwards invoice to the school administrative assistant to process for payment.
- Employee uploads final grade and certificate of completion at the end of the course/workshop/conference. (Employee must complete additional step 8 for reimbursement.)
- Upload form via Quicklinks on the right
- Name this file as follows: last name_first name_title of course/workshop/conference_type of attachment (transcript, etc.)
- To receive any reimbursement, employee submits in HARD COPY to the school administrative assistant:
- PD reimbursement form (link at right) within 10 days of return, with all original receipts attached
- Open the fillable PD reimbursement form at the right.
- Complete the PD reimbursement form electronically.
- Print the reimbursement form, attach all original receipts, and submit to the administrative assistant.
- Reimbursement will not be made until step 7 is complete.
Your first point of contact is your school's administrative assistant. Then, direct PD questions to Heidi Clark at [email protected] and form questions to Shannon Wisdom at [email protected].