Any document upload that is not complete, according to these directions, will be returned to the staff member. They will be asked to start the process from the beginning--to complete the entire Google form again, including a new upload. (Resubmitting only the upload is not an option.)
- READ all instructions carefully.
- You must submit your request 15 calendar days before the first day of the course/workshop/conference. Otherwise, the request most likely will be denied.
- Ultimate approval of PD comes from the superintendent. A principal's signature is one step in the process.
- All professional development must have prior superintendent approval BEFORE registering for the course/workshop/conference.
- You must provide the required documentation for the request to be considered for approval. Click below for instructions.
CLICK HERE FOR DOCUMENTATION UPLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
PAYMENT AND REIMBURSEMENT CONSIDERATIONS
- Purchase orders are THE preferred method of payment. Travel costs will require that you prepay and request reimbursement, with all receipts within 10 days of returning.
- In the form, only select a payment choice of "free" if there is no cost at all to district.
- If you are asking for mileage or meals reimbursement, then it is NOT a free PD and would fall under employee requesting reimbursement.
PROCESS AND NEXT STEPS
- Employee submits the Google form (via Quicklinks on right of page) at least 7 calendar days before the first day of the course/workshop/conference.
- Heidi Clark verifies that the submission is complete, with all required documents.
- If document upload is incomplete, Heidi Clark will notify employee via email that the PD request has been cancelled. Employee will need to submit a new PD request (with all documentation, again), which will delay the approval process.
- Principal reviews.
- If approved, request moves on for Superintendent review and decision.
- Heidi Clark emails employee the decision.
- If denied, employee may submit new form and the process repeats.
- If approved, employee may register for the class.
- Employee forwards invoice to the school administrative assistant to process for payment.
- Employee uploads final grade and certificate of completion at the end of the course/workshop/conference. (Employee must complete additional step 8 for reimbursement.)
- Upload form via Quicklinks on the right
- Name this file as follows: last name_first name_title of course/workshop/conference_type of attachment (transcript, etc.)
- To receive any reimbursement, employee submits a HARD COPY of the PD remibursement form to the school administrative assistant:
- The link to the PD reimbursement form is on the right. Employee must do this within 10 days of return, with all original receipts attached
- Open the fillable PD reimbursement form at the right.
- Complete the PD reimbursement form electronically.
- Print the reimbursement form, attach all original receipts, and submit to the administrative assistant.
- Reimbursement will not be made until step 7 is complete.
Your first point of contact is your school's administrative assistant. Then, direct PD questions to Heidi Clark at [email protected] and form questions to Shannon Wisdom at [email protected].