The HUUSD is launching a new professional development approval process. This process will replace the paper form process for all PD starting 7/1/21 or after.
- READ all instructions carefully.
- You must submit your request 7 calendar days before the first day of the course/workshop/conference. Otherwise, the request most likely will be denied.
- Ultimate approval of PD comes from the superintendent. A principal's signature is one step in the process.
- All professional development must have prior superintendent approval BEFORE registering for the course/workshop/conference.
- Prepare your documentation upload:
- Save all required documentation in ONE file for upload in the online PD request form:
- Required documentation
- Course description including dates and time and syllabus (IF available) OR workshop/conference brochure including dates and time and agenda (IF available)
- This documentation MUST be authored by the college/workshop sponsor
- Travel (Google map/airline quote), if applicable
- Lodging quote, if applicable
- Related expenses (e.g., cab, Uber, subway fare)
- Name this file as follows: last name_first name_title of course/workshop/conference
STEPS for the Upload
- Print all of your required documents.
- At the school copier/printer, choose scan to email.
- Or, use your smartphone to scan to email.
- Select to email to your email address.
- Save the pdf to your Google Drive, naming it as follows: last name_first name_title of course/workshop/conference
- Maybe create yourself a folder called Professional Development--in case you want to submit PD in the future--and you could store everything there
- You will NOT be able to upload or link to a FOLDER; you will ONLY be able to upload one FILE
- Then, in the Upload question, you will be given the option to upload or choose a file from your Google Drive.
- Select to add/choose a file from your Drive.
- Navigate to that file and select it.
PAYMENT AND REIMBURSEMENT CONSIDERATIONS
- Purchase orders are THE preferred method of payment. Travel costs will require that you prepay and request reimbursement, with all receipts within 10 days of returning.
- In the form, only select a payment choice of "free" if there is no cost at all to district.
- If you are asking for mileage or meals reimbursement, then it is NOT a free PD and would fall under employee requesting reimbursement.
PROCESS AND NEXT STEPS
- Employee submits the Google form (via Quicklinks on right of page) at least 7 calendar days before the first day of the course/workshop/conference.
- Heidi Clark verifies that the submission is complete, with all required documents.
- If document upload is incomplete, Heidi Clark will notify employee via email that the PD request has been cancelled. Employee will need to submit a new PD request (with all documentation, again), which will delay the approval process.
- Principal reviews.
- If approved, request moves on for Superintendent review and decision.
- Heidi Clark emails employee the decision.
- If denied, employee may submit new form and the process repeats.
- If approved, employee may register for the class.
- Employee forwards invoice to the school administrative assistant to process for payment.
- Employee uploads final grade and certificate of completion at the end of the course/workshop/conference
- via Quicklinks on the right
- Name this file as follows: last name_first name_title of course/workshop/conference_type of attachment (transcript, etc.)
- To receive any reimbursement, employee must submit to the school administrative assistant:
- PD reimbursement form (link at right) within 10 days of return, with original receipts attached
- Open the fillable PD reimbursement form at the right.
- Complete the PD reimbursement form electronically.
- Print the reimbursement form, attach all original receipts, and submit to the administrative assistant.
- Reimbursement will not be made until step 7 is complete.
Your first point of contact is your school's administrative assistant. Then, direct PD questions to Heidi Clark at [email protected] and form questions to Shannon Wisdom at [email protected].