The HUUSD is launching a new professional development approval process. This process will replace the paper form process.
- You must submit your request 10 calendar days before the first day of the workshop/conference/course. Otherwise, the request will be denied.
- Ultimate approval of PD comes from the Superintendent. A principal's signature is one step in the process.
- All professional development must have prior Superintendent approval BEFORE registering for the class, conference, or workshop.
- You must upload all required documents in ONE file before submitting the request: course syllabus or workshop/conference brochure with agenda, including date and time, travel (Google map/airline quote), hotel quote, related expenses, etc.
- Name this file as follows: last name_first name_title of workshop/conference/college course
PAYMENT AND REIMBURSEMENT CONSIDERATIONS
- Purchase orders are THE preferred method of payment. Travel costs will require that you prepay and request reimbursement, with all receipts within 6 weeks of returning.
- In the form, only select a payment choice of "free" if there is no cost at all to district.
- If you are asking for mileage or meals reimbursement, then it is NOT a free PD and would fall under employee requesting reimbursement.
PROCESS AND NEXT STEPS
- Employee completes the Google Form.
- Principal reviews.
- If approved, form moves on for Superintendent review.
- If denied, employee submits new form and process repeats.
You will be notified of the decision. If approved, you may register for your class. Any remaining reimbursement is contingent on the employee submitting:
- reimbursement form with receipts attached
- final grade and certificate of completion via upload at the end of the course, workshop or conference